Spiced Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sweet potatoes, oil and orange juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Spiced Sweet Potato Bread(6)
Sort By :
I had never eaten Sweet Potato Bread before. This is so easy and delicious. My boys loved it and so did I. M as me this bread now!
Delicious! Easy to make and very moist. We have made twice. The 2nd time with canned sw potato, but have to use unsweetened or leave out part of the sugar.
Very delicious, it turned out great, very moist and flavorfull, I'll be making it again for sure.
Great recipe! I had leftover sweet potato casserole (which I froze) from Easter, so I used it for this recipe---worked fine.
This recipe is EXCELLENT!! Very moist and flavorful! The only thing I will do differently next time is lessen the sugar, maybe down to just one cup or even 3/4. The bread came out a little too sweet for my personal taste :)