Spiced Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sweet potatoes, oil and orange juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Spiced Sweet Potato Bread(7)
Sort By :
I baked this recipe into 12 muffins instead of a loaf (baked them 21 minutes at 350 degrees). They were delicious! I've been looking for a way to get my kids to eat sweet potatoes, and this recipe has done the trick. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup and used spelt flour in place of the all-purpose flour. The end result was a tender and lightly sweet muffin.
I had never eaten Sweet Potato Bread before. This is so easy and delicious. My boys loved it and so did I. M as me this bread now!
Delicious! Easy to make and very moist. We have made twice. The 2nd time with canned sw potato, but have to use unsweetened or leave out part of the sugar.
Very delicious, it turned out great, very moist and flavorfull, I'll be making it again for sure.
Great recipe! I had leftover sweet potato casserole (which I froze) from Easter, so I used it for this recipe---worked fine.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >