- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Combine sweet potato and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-15 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter or biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Biscuits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p123
Reviews for Spiced Sweet Potato Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review