Spiced Split Pea Soup Recipe
- 1 cup dried green split peas
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. In a 4-qt. slow cooker combine first 12 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until peas are tender, 7-9 hours.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 139 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spiced Split Pea Soup
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.