Spiced Split Pea Soup Recipe
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dried green split peas
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. In a 4-qt. slow cooker combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until peas are tender. Add tomatoes; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup equals 139 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spiced Split Pea Soup
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.