Spiced Split Pea Soup Recipe
A hint of curry adds the perfect amount of kick to this family pleasing soup. Just assembled the ingredients in the slow cooker and go about your day while it cooks. —Sue Mohre, Mount Gilead, Ohio
- 1 cup dried green split peas
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. In a 4-qt. slow cooker combine first 12 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until peas are tender, 7-9 hours.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 139 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spiced Split Pea Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC