A hint of curry adds the perfect amount of kick to this family pleasing soup. Just assembled the ingredients in the slow cooker and go about your day while it cooks. —Sue Mohre, Mount Gilead, Ohio
Featured In: 40 Flavor-Packed Healthy Soup Recipes
- 1 cup dried green split peas
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker combine first 12 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until peas are tender, 7-9 hours.
- Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Spiced Split Pea Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p21
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spiced Split Pea Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review