- with string to form a bag. Place the spice bag, celery, parsley and
- onions in a soup kettle; add water. Bring to a boil; cover and boil
- for 15 minutes.
- Strain, reserving liquid and spice bag. Discard parsley and
- vegetables. Return cooking liquid with spice bag to the heat;
- carefully add potato mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add corn; simmer 15-20 minutes longer or
- until potatoes and corn are tender.
- Stir in shrimp; cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain;
- discard spice bag and lemon. Transfer shrimp mixture to a large
- serving bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: about 2-2/3 cups equals 263 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 605 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.