My mother received this recipe from a friend years ago when fluted tube pans first became popular. The cake lasts a few days in the refrigerator, but I personally love to serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. —Debbie Pelletier, Jupiter, FL
Featured In: 29 One-Bowl Baking Recipes
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sherry
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; add eggs, oil and sherry. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Sherry Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p163
Reviews for Spiced Sherry Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review