Spiced Sausage Patties
You've never tasted sausage quite like this before! The secret to this special recipe from South Africa lies in the spices, which include coriander, cloves, allspice and nutmeg. I've been cooking for a while, and this is one of my favorite recipes.
15 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Crumble beef and pork into a large bowl. Combine the seasonings;
- sprinkle over meat. Add vinegar and mix well. Cover and refrigerate
- for 1 hour.
- Shape meat mixture into 2-1/2-in. patties. In a large skillet, cook
- patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 194 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.