You've never tasted sausage quite like this before! The secret to this special recipe from South Africa lies in the spices, which include coriander, cloves, allspice and nutmeg. I've been cooking for a while, and this is one of my favorite recipes.
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Crumble beef and pork into a large bowl. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over meat. Add vinegar and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape meat mixture into 2-1/2-in. patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Sausage Patties in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p28
Reviews for Spiced Sausage Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review