Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked salmon equals 256 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash salt
- Dash dried tarragon
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add the butter, oil and soy sauce; spoon over salmon.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Salmon in Country Woman May/June 2005, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spiced Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 13, 2012
"We love this recipe! We don't use the tarragon, but everything else is the same."
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2009
"It's a little sweet so I'd probably only put 2 tbls of brown sugar in next time."