Spiced Rhubarb Recipe
- 10 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a rapid boil; reduce heat and simmer for 60-70 minutes.
- 2. Pour into pint jars and refrigerate. Serve as a glaze for ham or spread on biscuits. Yield: about 4 pints.
2 tablespoons: 59 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Spiced Rhubarb
"Very delicious! Tastes great with ham, on pound cake, etc! I even used some of the leftovers for apple dumplings and they tasted AMAZING!!! A bit on the sweet side, but still a good one to try :)"
"This is wonderful with ham... yummy!"