Spiced Rhubarb Soup Recipe
This very pretty soup is perfect for spring. My whole family loves the fresh flavor of rhubarb, so they all really enjoy this chilled soup.—Renee Parker, Chester, South Carolina
- 8 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lemon slice
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb, 3-1/4 cups water, sugar, cinnamon sticks and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Discard cinnamon sticks. Strain rhubarb mixture; discard pulp. Return liquid to the pan; bring to a boil.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add lemon slice. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Discard lemon slice. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 267 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Rhubarb Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC