Spiced Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
Served here with pork chops, this unique sauce adds bold flavor to just about any cut of pork. The savory-sweet, relish-like sauce is also a perfect complement to roasted, baked or grilled chicken. Kara Hawke — Polk, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 50 min. YIELD:20 servings
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Serve warm with chicken or pork. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 48 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC