Spiced Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Serve warm with chicken or pork. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 48 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch
Reviews for Spiced Rhubarb Sauce
"Delicious! We served it with grilled pork chops."