Served here with pork chops, this unique sauce adds bold flavor to just about any cut of pork. The savory-sweet, relish-like sauce is also a perfect complement to roasted, baked or grilled chicken. Kara Hawke — Polk, Pennsylvania
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve warm with chicken or pork. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Rhubarb Sauce in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p37
Reviews for Spiced Rhubarb Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2010
"Delicious! We served it with grilled pork chops."