- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Red food coloring, optional
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the rhubarb, broth, sugar and honey; cook over medium heat until rhubarb is tender. Stir in the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and food coloring if desired.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour rhubarb mixture over the chops. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat juices run clear, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spiced Rhubarb Pork Chops
Sort By :
"Sorry, but we really didn't like it. I normally love rhubarb but this didn't do it for me. If anyone makes this, I would suggest using the optional food coloring. I didn't and it was green which is not very appetizing."
"The rhubarb sauce was sweet and tangy, yet not overpowering. So simple to make. This would be a great dish to make in the fall. I will definitely make it again."