My husband and I own a small restaurant in the middle of Amish country. Our menu often features recipes using rhubarb from our garden. This savory pork dish is a favorite. —Connie Hamilton, Hazelton, Iowa
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Red food coloring, optional
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, combine the rhubarb, broth, sugar and honey; cook over medium heat until rhubarb is tender. Stir in the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and food coloring if desired.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour rhubarb mixture over the chops. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat juices run clear, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Rhubarb Pork Chops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p160
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spiced Rhubarb Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review