Spiced Raisin Mini Muffins Recipe
These flavorful moist muffins don't crumble when you bite into them. So you may want to take them into the living room for munching while opening gifts.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add raisin mixture; mix well. Stir in walnuts. Fill greased or paper-line miniature muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled muffins. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Raisin Mini Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p12
Reviews for Spiced Raisin Mini Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review