- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add raisin mixture; mix well. Stir in walnuts. Fill greased or paper-line miniature muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled muffins. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Raisin Mini Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p12
Reviews for Spiced Raisin Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review