I have two bread machines, and one is often busy baking this soft chewy loaf. The bread's nutmeg, cloves and orange peel fill my home with a wonderful aroma. Slices are great for peanut butter sandwiches.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water(70° to 80°)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 24 slices).
Originally published as Spiced Raisin Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p30
Reviews for Spiced Raisin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review