Spiced Pumpkin-Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- Place pecans and brown sugar in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Add butter; pulse to combine. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup brown sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended.
- In another bowl, mix pumpkin, spices and remaining brown sugar. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture.
- To layer, pour 1-1/2 cups plain cream cheese mixture over crust. Gently spread 1-1/3 cups pumpkin mixture over top. Repeat layers. Cut through layers with a knife to swirl. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove rim from pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin-Swirl Cheesecake
Sort By :
This crust was delicious and the cheesecake baked in the water bath rose and cooked beautifully. However, the cheesecake itself didn't have much flavor and the spices seemed to have an "after taste" that was bland. I still want to find a great pumpkin cheesecake, I'll keep baking...
I have had this Spiced Pumpkin-Swirl Cheesecake made by Monika Walsh (my next-door neighbor). It is fantastic! My two favorite pies in one. She is an amazing cook!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipes >
- Pumpkin Cheesecakes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >
- Pumpkin Recipes >
- Pumpkin Spice Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Nut Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pumpkin Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Desserts >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >