Spiced Pumpkin-Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
I have to give my husband credit for this cheesecake. He found a recipe like it and asked if I could make it for him. I always make it for his birthday, and my four-year-old daughter loves to help.—Monika Walsh, Monterey, California
- 2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- 2. Place pecans and brown sugar in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Add butter; pulse to combine. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup brown sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended.
- 4. In another bowl, mix pumpkin, spices and remaining brown sugar. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture.
- 5. To layer, pour 1-1/2 cups plain cream cheese mixture over crust. Gently spread 1-1/3 cups pumpkin mixture over top. Repeat layers. Cut through layers with a knife to swirl. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 6. Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove rim from pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 483 calories, 39 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC