Spiced Pumpkin Pie
What would Thanksgiving be without a traditional pumpkin pie like this? The smooth and creamy filling features a wonderful blend of spices.Pat Marken, Hansville, Washington
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped topping and additional cinnamon
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Beat in the milk, sugars,
- cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger and cloves. Stir in the pumpkin just
- until blended. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Chill until serving.
- Garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 287 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium,