Spiced Pumpkin Pie Recipe
What would Thanksgiving be without a traditional pumpkin pie like this? The smooth and creamy filling features a wonderful blend of spices.—Pat Marken, Hansville, Washington
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped topping and additional cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Beat in the milk, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger and cloves. Stir in the pumpkin just until blended. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 287 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC