Spiced Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped topping and additional cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Beat in the milk, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger and cloves. Stir in the pumpkin just until blended. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 287 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin Pie
"Good a hit ! Easy to make, used fresh pumpkin turned out well!"
"This has been my go-to pumpkin pie recipe probably since I got the 2003 Holidays and Celebrations cookbook. The spice blend is perfect, it always comes out wonderful, and best of all I can use our own farm-fresh milk, instead of having to buy evaporated milk!"
"This is by far the best pumpkin pie recipe ever. Made it last Thanksgiving and everyone loved it. Just the right blend of spices. Definitely a keeper."
"I really like the blend of flavors in this pie and I don't really like pumpkin pie. I made the pie with butternut squash that I needed to use up. I will make again."
"My favorite family pumpkin pie. Everyone loves hit, The best way to describe it, is pumpkin pie and hint of harvest. Wonderful"
"The best ever ,I made this pie for thanksgiving 2 years ago, and now I am the new Pumpkin Pie Bringer, if you know what I mean. Warning This pie will be requested year after year."