Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread Recipe
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and extract; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Pour into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 slice: 201 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread
"I've made this into loaves and muffins. Both are good. When I made mini muffins I baked them for about 18 minutes."