Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread Recipe
Cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves give this quick loaf its tasty appeal. "The recipe yields three loaves, so we can eat one right away, then freeze the others to enjoy later," jots Andrea Durr of Nicholasville, Kentucky.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and extract; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Pour into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 201 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC