Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread Recipe
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and extract; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Pour into three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 201 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread
"I've made this into loaves and muffins. Both are good. When I made mini muffins I baked them for about 18 minutes."