- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 18 gingersnap cookies, divided
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute or until softened. Beat in egg yolks and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160° and mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl; beat until cool and thickened, about 3 minutes. Beat in pumpkin and spices. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Coarsely crumble 12 gingersnaps; sprinkle into six parfait or dessert dishes. Spoon or pipe mousse over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Just before serving, garnish with remaining gingersnaps. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin Mousse
Sort By :
"As far as pumpkin desserts go, I think this was pretty good. The gingersnaps really made it yummy. I wouldn't say this is the best dessert I've ever eaten, but I might make it again if I were trying to use up some leftover pumpkin, OR in the mood for a Fall-ish dessert."
"I made this recipe about a year ago and it was very soupy. I guess I did it wrong because it looked nothing like the picture. I'm also have really bad luck with making deserts. However, the flavor was really good, so maybe I'll try this one again. I welcome any suggestions for getting this to set properly. I also have come to accept that it might just be me :)"
"I followed the recipe for the first two steps, and then let the gelatin/pumpkin mixture set in the fridge overnight. I then plopped the set mixture into my stand mixer to make it smooth again. I substituted a tub of fat-free whipped topping for the heavy cream to lighten it up. It was a classy change from standard pumpkin pie at the Thanksgiving table."
"Delicous! No need for gingersnaps."
"Love this dip! Would recommend."