Spiced Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
“Kids love to dip into this pumpkin mousse!” Gingersnaps add crunch to this creamy, smooth-as-silk mousse that’s spiced just right. —Lara Pennell, Mauldin, South Carolina
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 18 gingersnap cookies, divided
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute or until softened. Beat in egg yolks and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160° and mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a small bowl; beat until cool and thickened, about 3 minutes. Beat in pumpkin and spices. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- 4. Coarsely crumble 12 gingersnaps; sprinkle into six parfait or dessert dishes. Spoon or pipe mousse over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Just before serving, garnish with remaining gingersnaps. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 442 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC