- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 14 cups cubed challah or egg bread (about 28 ounces)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients until blended. Add bread cubes and raisins; gently stir to combine. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 65-75 minutes or until edges of bread are golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with confectioners' sugar and syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Pumpkin French Toast Casserole in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p40
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review