This is a great-tasting breakfast dish. It's perfect for the holidays, but we enjoy it anytime. It's made the evening before, so in the morning you can just pop it in the oven and have a delicious breakfast in no time!—Joanne Wessel, Greenwood, Indiana
Recommended: 37 Awesome Ways to Love Pumpkin
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 14 cups cubed challah or egg bread (about 28 ounces)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients until blended. Add bread cubes and raisins; gently stir to combine. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 65-75 minutes or until edges of bread are golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with confectioners' sugar and syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Pumpkin French Toast Casserole in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p40
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review