Spiced Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the pumpkin, orange juice, molasses and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture and mix until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice: 192 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin Bread
"I didn't add the molasses and orange juice but did add a dash of ginger, allspice, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg (along with the spices already included) and it gave the bread a nice touch. Also made the kitchen smell great!"
"this is the best pumpkin bread I have ever tasted, yum, yum,"
"this is the best pumpkin bread I have ever had, I used splenda and added white chocolate chips it was the best MP"