Cloves, cinnamon and molasses add plenty of spice to this appealing pumpkin bread from Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana. And you needn't wait till next autumn make it - you can use convenient canned pumpkin anytime of year!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the pumpkin, orange juice, molasses and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture and mix until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Spiced Pumpkin Bread in Country Woman January/February 1999, p40
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review