These bars are moist, with bold pumpkin and spice flavors. When I want to lower the cholesterol, I use egg whites in place of the eggs.—Richard Case, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and applesauce. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Pumpkin Bars in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p47
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review