Spiced Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and applesauce. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin Bars(4)
Sort By :
Very good flavor. For the applesauce I used chunky applesauce, added some dried cranberries and did frosting with cream cheese frosting. I had leftover batter so I made a few muffins which is what I am going to do next time just make all muffins out of it and omit the cream cheese frosting. Very moist and flavorful on its own.
The flavor of the bars was great - the spices were right. However, the texture was very cake-like. As a result, it was very hard to eat these as "bars." We ended up just making a cream cheese frosting and then they were much better.
I just added powder sugar, butter, vanilla, cream cheese and little milk for frosting better than confectioners sugar opt. VERY GOOD because I like applesauce than oil.
Very good and super moist. Instead of confectioners' sugar, try whipped cream. Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >