- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Whipped cream and ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, spices and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with 1 cup water, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. In a microwave, heat butter and remaining water until butter is melted; carefully pour over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm. Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Pudding Cake
Sort By :
"Favorite dessert in my recipe box. Easy to make and even easier to eat too much of. If you like old fashion molasses cookies you need to try this recipe."
"I thought this was really good. It was a little gooey at the bottom which is part of what made it so good. Make sure you warm it up though it is SO much better warm then room temperature! My husband liked it too but he prefers a regular cake to the gooey kind."
"An easy recipe to put together, and it made the house smell wonderful. Just right for a cold winter's night. The cake was moist and full of rich flavors. Treat your friends and family to this tasty cake."
"Just read recipe and can't wait to try it. It sounds absolutely delicious! I was surprised by the people who reviewed recipe and didn't know that the sauce was meant to be there. They need to try Chocolate Pudding Cake, Lemon Pudding cake......and other yummy pudding cakes!!!"