Spiced Pudding Cake Recipe
I came across this recipe years ago and made a few changes. It’s very popular. My mom’s church group serves it for dessert quite regularly. —Kelly Kirby, Westville, Nova Scotia
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Whipped cream and ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, spices and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with 1 cup water, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. In a microwave, heat butter and remaining water until butter is melted; carefully pour over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm. Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece (calculated without whipped cream) equals 287 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Pudding Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC