I like to serve these special prunes with meats or a cottage cheese salad or as a breakfast fruit.—Alcy Thorne, Los Molinos, California
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 pound pitted dried plums
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the plums, water, cinnamon,
- cloves and ginger; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and
- let stand until cool. Stir in lemon juice. Store, covered, in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 159 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.