Spiced Prunes Recipe
I like to serve these special prunes with meats or a cottage cheese salad or as a breakfast fruit.—Alcy Thorne, Los Molinos, California
- 1 pound pitted dried plums
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the plums, water, cinnamon, cloves and ginger; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cool. Stir in lemon juice. Store, covered, in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 159 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Prunes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC