- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef rump or chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup chutney
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; rub over entire roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over roast.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken gravy if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spiced Pot Roast
"Wonderful! I served this at a dinner party for ten so I doubled the recipe and crossed my fingers. I thought it was an interesting ingredient list and was curious about how it would turn out. Everyone LOVED it and were asking for the recipe. This one is a keeper. The gravy is outstanding!"
"Wonderful. Got recipe from my sister and entire family loved it."
"I've made this time and again and everyone LOVES it!"
"was great tasting"
"I have made this for yrs. when i found it then,also have passed it on. Even to a couple of new brides,their guest's thought they were excellant cooks!!! This is so easy to make. Just a good ol' family favorite!!! I wouldn't be afraid of the curry,as you can get mild to medium whatever you want. You are missing out by not trying this!!!"