Spiced Pot Roast Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef rump or chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup chutney
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; rub over entire roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over roast.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken gravy if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spiced Pot Roast(8)
Sort By :
I've made this time and again and everyone LOVES it!
was great tasting
I have made this for yrs. when i found it then,also have passed it on. Even to a couple of new brides,their guest's thought they were excellant cooks!!! This is so easy to make. Just a good ol' family favorite!!! I wouldn't be afraid of the curry,as you can get mild to medium whatever you want. You are missing out by not trying this!!!
This is such a awesome recipe,by far the best pot roast ever!!! I found this recipe yrs ago and was pleased that i found it online! It has gotten to be a tradition to make it for my hunter's in the fall. But we have had it for after church many times. It is a family favorite! Thank you for sharing it!!
YES, YES, YES, I would make this recipe again! What great flavor! Just the right recipe for a snowy night in (of all places) Arizona! The curry isn't overwhelming, which is good for my spice-intolerant boyfriend. He loved this recipe. Kudos to you, Frances Wilson, for sharing your Grandmother's best. I will be sharing servings of this with my 75 year old mother tomorrow. She is going through chemo and is craving anything with flavor. This fills the bill. Total yum-ness!!!