- Melt remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Slowly add to meat
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Discard cloves. Stir in sweet potatoes. Pour into a greased 3-qt.
- baking dish.
- For crust, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Spread over filling. Bake at 400° for 28-32 minutes or until
- crust is browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 857 calories, 46 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 777 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.