Spiced Pork Medallions with Bourbon Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup bourbon or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 12 slices
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the bourbon, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice; rub over pork slices.
- 3. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces pork with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 221 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 581 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Spiced Pork Medallions with Bourbon Sauce
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer