Spiced Pork Medallions with Bourbon Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup bourbon or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 12 slices
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the bourbon, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice; rub over pork slices.
- 3. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces pork with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 221 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 581 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Spiced Pork Medallions with Bourbon Sauce
"My husband and I both liked these a lot"
"This is awesome and great to make for company! My husband says it's one of the best things I make."
"Oh, so good! I used thin cut pork chops and did not add salt as pork is salty enough. Really good flavors in this. Will definitely make again!"
"The reviews are right! This is a fabulous recipe! Will try this using chicken thighs, too!"
"Delicious and simple. Used whiskey instead of bourbon and it turned out great."
"My husband said this was one of the best things I have ever made! We both loved it!"
"Quick and delicious. I used kentucky style whiskey and turned out great. I also added a little red pepper flakes to the sauce. Definitely will make again. To the other reviewer about using Brandy instead of bourbon, I don't see why not, the alcohol burns off anyway."
"This is one of those recipes you read and have to go out and get the ingredients and have that very night! It was fantastic!! It didn't look like enough spice to go around, but it was. Wouldn't want any more chili powder than it had. The meat cooked for 4 minutes on each side. Try it.....you'll like it!"
"I have a question, could you substitute Brandy for bourbon?"
"How much bourbon"
"Company, show off, delicious! I served it with the Garlic Green Bean Medley shown here. They to are another company, show off, delicious."
"This recipe was super delicious & easy to make! Will definitely make again! I served them with baked sweet potato fries & baked beans."
"This is one of the BEST recipes I have ever found! It is absolutely delicious! My Dad puts "sauce" on any kind of meat and this is the first where he didn't want to add a thing. Amazing."
"This is fantastic! We have made it twice and it is so easy,yet so GOOD!!!We love it,perfect for company!"
"This was wonderful! I plated the pork medallions on a bed of green beans and poured the sauce on top of the meat and beans. It made for a very flavorful, diet-friendly meal."
"These were awesome and I will serve them to company!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.