Spiced Pork Loin with Plums Recipe
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 medium fresh plums, pitted and sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub over roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in 1 tablespoon oil on all sides. Remove roast and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, cook onion in remaining oil over medium heat until tender. Add sugar; cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes longer. Add cranberry juice; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. Return roast to the pan; add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours.
- 4. Add plums; cover and simmer 30-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Thicken pan juices if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Spiced Pork Loin with Plums
"My husband loved this meal. It was delicious, however more time consuming than I would prefer. It would be nice if it could be adapted down to one step, such as throwing it all in the crock pot."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.