Spiced Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 4 pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add pork chops, a few at a time; seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water and brown sugar; pour over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spiced Pork Chops
Sort By :
"Yummy recipe. Ended up being a bit overdone even after taking them out 5 minutes early...that's the only reason I give 4 stars. But overall the recipe was good and I would definitely make it again."
"Loved these chops......lots of yummy sauce to put over the chops, potatoes, etc. Easy to prepare. I made them in a cast iron skillet so it easily went from stove top to oven in one pan. Less mess to clean up later is a bonus in my books!"
"A winner in every respect....a five star recipe w/ great flavor! I reduced the flour to 1/4c as suggested and there was plenty to coat the chops. I poured some of the sauce on the bottom of the dish before adding the chops. Served the chops and sauce w/ large egg noodles, but think they would be better w/ mashed potatoes. A keeper for sure."
"These are wonderful pork chops. Very moist and flavorful! I will be making these often!"
"I am very picky with my pork chops because most turn out dry. This recipe is anything but. I used at least 1 inch thick chops and they were very moist and flavorful. #1 pork chop recipe for me :)"