- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 4 pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add pork chops, a few at a time; seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water and brown sugar; pour over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spiced Pork Chops
Sort By :
"This is my favorite way to prepare pork chops. So flavorful, especially the sauce. Even all 7 kids like it!"
"Followed the recipe exactly. Very tender, moist, and flavorful. A hit with the entire family."
"I have made these pork chops for years now. Always a hit with everyone…All ages.Perfect in my book. Just as written !!"
"Yummy recipe. Ended up being a bit overdone even after taking them out 5 minutes early...that's the only reason I give 4 stars. But overall the recipe was good and I would definitely make it again."
"Loved these chops......lots of yummy sauce to put over the chops, potatoes, etc. Easy to prepare. I made them in a cast iron skillet so it easily went from stove top to oven in one pan. Less mess to clean up later is a bonus in my books!"