Spiced Pork Chops Recipe
Being a widow who likes to cook big meals, I frequently invite family and friends for dinner. On busy days, I rely on this easy recipe, which I got from a dear friend. It's hearty and satisfying and always gets raves. -Joan MacKinnon, Brooklyn, Nova Scotia
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 4 pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add pork chops, a few at a time; seal bag and toss to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water and brown sugar; pour over chops.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC