- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 4 pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add pork chops, a few at a time; seal bag and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water and brown sugar; pour over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spiced Pork Chops
"I have had this recipe for many years from an old Taste of Home. Wonderful recipe!!!"
"The coating on the meat was good. But the sauce was well...ketchup with a bit of brown sugar. I could have done the same thing with a bottle of BBQ sauce and had better flavor in the sauce. I will use the spice coating again, and bake the chops, but the rest, no thank you."
"Kids loved it"
"Very good! Like others mentioned, there was a little too much flour in comparison to the other spices. Next time I'll up the spices!"
"This is my favorite way to prepare pork chops. So flavorful, especially the sauce. Even all 7 kids like it!"