Spiced Polenta Steak Fries Recipe
Adults and kids alike will delight in these healthy steak-fry-stand-ins with a subtly crisp and spicy exterior and a creamy, sweet interior. They were created by our Test Kitchen.
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut polenta in half widthwise; cut each portion in half lengthwise. Cut each section into eight strips. Arrange strips in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine the oil and seasonings; drizzle over polenta strips and gently toss to coat. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
8 fries equals 121 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC