- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut polenta in half widthwise; cut each portion in half lengthwise. Cut each section into eight strips. Arrange strips in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the oil and seasonings; drizzle over polenta strips and gently toss to coat. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Polenta Steak Fries
Sort By :
"I liked this recipe - preparing polenta is new for me, and these are a great alternative to regular steak fries, with good flavor and just the right amount of seasoning. I used 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, minced garlic and garlic powder instead of onion powder, and put all the ingredients in a plastic bag to coat the polenta slices. I also baked them longer than the recipe stated to get them crispy on the outside."