Adults and kids alike will delight in these healthy steak-fry-stand-ins with a subtly crisp and spicy exterior and a creamy, sweet interior. They were created by our Test Kitchen.
- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut polenta in half widthwise; cut each portion in half lengthwise. Cut each section into eight strips. Arrange strips in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the oil and seasonings; drizzle over polenta strips and gently toss to coat. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Polenta Steak Fries in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p48
Reviews for Spiced Polenta Steak Fries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review