- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh plums
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. Arrange plums in crust. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Stir in egg, orange juice and peel. Pour over plums; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Plum Pie in Country Woman August/September 2008, p39
Reviews for Spiced Plum Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2012
"I didn't have any orange zest, but this pie was delicious without it."