- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 6 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (4 ounces each)
- In a saucepan, bring pineapple juice, cloves and cinnamon stick to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Strain juice, discarding cloves and cinnamon. Return juice to the pan.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in vinegar until smooth. Stir into pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pineapple; heat through.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook ham steaks until browned and heated through. Serve with the pineapple sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Pineapple Ham in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p27
Reviews for Spiced Pineapple Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2011
This is very nice. Just a light hint of spice.