Spiced Pineapple Cooler
"I enjoy cooking, especially when I'm preparing a dish that is different." That's definitely the case with this spicy, refreshing party punch.
Nancy Burford, Senatobia, MS
13 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 can (46 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar, cinnamon and cloves to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain. Cool to
- room temperature.
- Pour into a large pitcher; stir in juices. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in ginger ale. Serve over ice. Garnish
- with additional cinnamon sticks if desired.
- Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 119 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.