“My mother makes these and they’re fantastic," writes Audrey Stewart of Forest Hill, Maryland. "If you arrive at her house late, there might not be any left!”
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until frothy. Add pecans; stir gently
- to coat. Combine the sugar substitute, cinnamon and salt; add to nut
- mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes or until lightly
- browned, stirring once. Cool completely. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 161 calories, 16 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.