I try to serve a fruit dish with every breakfast to get some extra vitamins in our diet. Not only are these pears quick and easy to prepare, they're delicious!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain pears, reserving syrup; set the pears aside. In a small
- saucepan, combine the syrup, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring
- frequently. Add pears and simmer for about 5 minutes more or until
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 156 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.