Spiced Pears Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Drain pears, reserving syrup; set the pears aside. In a small saucepan, combine the syrup, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pears and simmer for about 5 minutes more or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 156 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Spiced Pears
"Very good....I used fresh pears"
"So simple and delicious! My daughter, our in house sweet tooth, passed up brownies to have seconds on these pears. Wonderful!"
"Yum, these are so good that I sometimes serve them for dessert."