Spiced Pears Recipe
I try to serve a fruit dish with every breakfast to get some extra vitamins in our diet. Not only are these pears quick and easy to prepare, they're delicious!
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Drain pears, reserving syrup; set the pears aside. In a small saucepan, combine the syrup, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pears and simmer for about 5 minutes more or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 156 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Spiced Pears
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC