I try to serve a fruit dish with every breakfast to get some extra vitamins in our diet. Not only are these pears quick and easy to prepare, they're delicious!
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain pears, reserving syrup; set the pears aside. In a small saucepan, combine the syrup, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pears and simmer for about 5 minutes more or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Pears in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p85
Reviews for Spiced Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review