- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain pears, reserving syrup; set the pears aside. In a small saucepan, combine the syrup, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pears and simmer for about 5 minutes more or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Pears in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p85
Reviews for Spiced Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2014
"Very good....I used fresh pears"
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2011
"So simple and delicious! My daughter, our in house sweet tooth, passed up brownies to have seconds on these pears. Wonderful!"
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2008
"Yum, these are so good that I sometimes serve them for dessert."