Spiced Pear Zucchini Bread Recipe
Gwynne Fleener of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho puts a subtle spin on traditional zucchini bread by adding chopped fresh pears. "The ingredients are simple to assemble and yield two wonderfully moist loaves," she writes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla. Add the pears and zucchini. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts. Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Spiced Pear Zucchini Bread
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2011
"So moist and delicious! One of my favorite zucchini bread recipies. I also replace the pears with apples and oil with applesauce and it turns out perfect!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC