Spiced Pear Zucchini Bread
Gwynne Fleener of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho puts a subtle spin on traditional zucchini bread by adding chopped fresh pears. "The ingredients are simple to assemble and yield two wonderfully moist loaves," she writes.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another
- bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla. Add the pears and zucchini. Stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts. Pour into
- two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.