I got this outstanding recipe from the custodian at our church, who fixes these moist, fruity muffins and shares them with friends. He gave me one to try a couple years ago, and I was hooked. The tasty combination of pears and spices is irresistible. -Linda Jachimstal, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled pears (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt, oil and molasses until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pears, raisins and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen mini muffins or 16 regular muffins.
Originally published as Spiced Pear Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p29
Reviews for Spiced Pear Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review