Spiced Pear Lettuce Salad Recipe
I like to serve this pretty salad in the fall. The colors are bright, the texture fresh and the flavors a delightful blend. It compliments roasted entrees and is good with grilled meats, too. —Jess Apfe, Berkeley, California
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt
- 1 medium ripe pear, sliced
- 2-1/2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the water, orange juice, honey, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add pear slices; simmer 5-8 minutes longer or just until pears are tender.
- 2. Divide salad greens between two bowls; top with the tomato, onion, raisins and pear slices. Drizzle with warm dressing; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 124 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Spiced Pear Lettuce Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC